TINY RTK : The world smallest precision GPS U-BLOX NEO-M8PSeptember 15, 2018 4:44 pm
u-blox , a global leader in wireless devices, positioning modules and chips, launched u-blox NEO-M8P GNSS receiver modules, which are compatible with both GPS and GLONASS satellite-based navigation systems and deliver high performance down to centimeter-level accuracy. The u-blox NEO-M8P answers these demands for a small-sized, highly cost-effective, and very precise RTK-based module solution.
TINY RTK, the world smallest chip for U-BLOX NEO-M8P
Ultra precise positioning at low cost and reduced form factor.
Size: 23.5 x 24.5 mm
Tiny RTK GNSS (M8P) description
NEO-M8P is the smallest high precision GNSS RTK (real time kinematic) module available on the market and TINY RTK is the first global solution for u-blox NEO-M8P. The Tiny RTK rover (NEO-M8P-0) receives corrections from the TINY RTK base receiver (NEO-M8P-2) via a communication link (RTCM). The RTK algorithms are pre-integrated into the module. As a result, the size and weight are significantly reduced, and power consumption is five times lower than existing solutions, thus cutting costs and improving usability dramatically.
TINY RTK Key features (u-blox NEO-M8P)
- Centimeter‑level GNSS positioning for mass market, based on U-Blox M8P
- Integrated Real Time Kinematics (RTK) for fast time‑to‑market
- Smallest, lightest, and best energy‑efficient RTK module
- Receiver type: 72-channel GPS L1 , GLONASS L1, BeiDou B1, GALILEO E1
- Nav. update rate: up to 8 Hz
- Position accuracy: 2.5 cm
- Connectors: SMA, USB, JST-GH
- Data link: whatever can be connected to a UART : Bluetooth, 433-868-915 MHz radio link, XBee, WiFi…
TINY RTK Applications
RTK technologies have been used for some time in low-volume niche markets, such as surveying and construction. Due to high costs and complexity, this enhanced positioning technology has been inaccessible for most other uses. Thanks to the emerging of high volume markets, such as unmanned vehicles, that require high precision performance, energy-efficience and low in costs, technology is more accessible and permit the emergence of high-End solutions like TINY RTK.
- The applications are countless. Here are a few of them :
- Emergency rescue
- Autonomous vehicle guidance (car, UAV…)
- Automatic container movement
- Precise storage tracking
- Mapping, geology, surveying
- Time measurement
- Robotic Guidance system
- Robotic Lawnmowers
Actually anything you can think of that needs positioning repeatability, accuracy and time synchronization.
To get more information, access our documentation here.