TINY RTK Drone Edition : Fully integrated RTK with UBLOX M8PSeptember 19, 2016 9:35 pm
ublox , a global leader in wireless devices, positioning modules and chips, launched ublox M8P GNSS receiver modules, which are compatible with both GPS and GLONASS satellite-based navigation systems and deliver high performance down to centimeter-level accuracy. The ublox M8P answers these demands for a small-sized, highly cost-effective, and very precise RTK-based module solution.
TINY RTK Drone Edition, First fully integrated RTK module for UBLOX M8P.
Ultra precise positioning at low cost and reduced form factor.
Size: 50 x 50 mm
ublox M8P description
M8P is the smallest high precision GNSS RTK (real time kinematic) module available on the market and TINY RTK drone Edition is the first global solution for ublox M8P. The Tiny RTK rover (NEO-M8P-0) receives corrections from the TINY RTK base receiver (NEO-M8P-2) via a communication link (RTCM). The RTK algorithms are pre-integrated into the module. As a result, the size and weight are significantly reduced, and power consumption is five times lower than existing solutions, thus cutting costs and improving usability dramatically.
TINY RTK Drone Edition
Following a high demand for an integrated solution for UAV users, we jointly achieved with u-blox and PX4 a version specially designed for this purpose : TinyRTK Drone Edition. The boards include patch antennas and a battery-powered base. Base can stream differential data to ground control station through a BLE module. We did not master the availability date of the BLE component in the past, but now know it will be available in October and this is why we decided to include it in our Indiegogo campaign.
Key features (ublox M8P)
- Centimeter‑level GNSS positioning for mass market, based on UBlox M8P
- Integrated Real Time Kinematics (RTK) for fast time‑to‑market
- Smallest, lightest, and best energy‑efficient RTK module
- Receiver type: 72-channel GPS L1 , GLONASS L1, BeiDou B1, GALILEO E1
- Nav. update rate: up to 8 Hz
- Position accuracy: 2.5 cm
- MAVLink protocol encapsulation through U-Blox NINA-B1 Bluetooth Low Energy module
- Connectors: USB, JST-GH
- Compass : HMC5983
- Power : LiPo 1S compatible / USB with integrated charger
- Size: 50 x 50 mm
- Weight : 24g
Why this architecture?
- it is small and consumes little energy
- base can be standalone, wireless, rechargeable and located on a good sky view spot regardless of ground control station’s position
- base is compatible with 1S LiPos, rechargeable by USB with integrated charger
- rover module is supported by Pixhawk
- base module : encapsulation within MAVLink protocol is under development (some developers have already got our boards, we will keep sending them to all)
- rover includes a compass (HMC5983)
- patch antenna included to avoid additional integration costs
we’ve decided to add Drone Edition to TinyRTK INDIEGOGO campaign
If you’re interested by precision GNSS and want a Plug&Play solution at an incredible price … TINY RTK Drone Edition is designed for you !
Thanks in advance for your support !